It can be frustrating not having temperature control over individual rooms, especially if certain areas, such as the basement or attic, are usually warmer or cooler than the rest of your house. If you live in a house without ductwork, installing a heating or cooling system can be time-consuming and costly. This makes it an inconvenient choice for homeowners that have already completed construction or that want to have more temperature control over separate zones in their homes. By installing a ductless mini-split, you can avoid many of these issues. Here’s what to expect if you decide to install a ductless mini split!
How Ductless Mini Splits Can Help Solve Ductwork And Cost Issues
Ductless mini splits do not require your house to have ductwork. This is especially helpful if you live in an older house without a duct system or if you’re trying to cut down on the cost of installing a heating and cooling system. Many brands are offering ductless mini split units at various price points to suit different budgets. To accommodate a tighter budget, you could also opt for a mini split with a lower BTU count.
Features and Benefits of A Ductless Mini Split
Ductless mini splits have many features that offer unique benefits to homeowners:
- They don’t need to be attached to a pre-existing duct system, so they offer more versatility and convenience if you plan to build additional rooms or extend your house.
- It is a single unit that is fixed onto the wall, meaning you can control the temperature of the room it is installed in separately from the rest of the house.
- Since it is separate from the duct system, it is also environmentally friendly and cost and energy-efficient as you don’t have to turn the whole house’s HVAC system to cool or heat a single room.
- The installation process for a ductless mini split is easy and quick, making it a convenient and hassle-free option for busy homeowners.
- Ductless mini splits are designed to remove excess humidity from the air when they are in cooling mode, allowing you to save up on having to buy a separate dehumidifier if you live in an area that tends to get humid in the summer.
Installing A Ductless Mini Split: What It Takes
If you aren’t too keen on the idea of multiple electricians in your house for hours every day, a ductless mini split is perfect for you as the installation is relatively fast, averaging about 4-6 hours per unit. You’ll still want a professional HVAC technician on Master PHC’s team to complete the job, as the unit must be secured safely on the wall and connected to the control wire.
Ductless Mini Splits Are The Future
The benefits of ductless mini splits have made them incredibly popular amongst homeowners recently. They come in sleek, modern designs that don’t take up much space or interfere with your design choices, are energy efficient, and can reduce your electricity bill as compared to central duct systems. Once you experience the exceptional directional cooling and heating of a ductless mini split, coupled with the control it offers you, you’ll move away from central HVAC systems for good! Call Master PHC to install your ductless mini split today! Check out our reviews on Google!